- The composition can be for any instrumentation. It can have an actual score or be a pure synthesized realization that might not be possible to perform in the real world.
- It must not be longer than thirty seconds.
- It does not necessarily have to have a start, middle, and end -- it can just be a fragment of something grander.
- It should be composed in thirty minutes or less. If time runs out, I post whatever I managed to finish, be it good, indifferent, or makeup on a corpse.
- The title of the piece must be a word from a random word generator, although this word doesn't necessarily have to be incorporated in the piece.
Tenebrous: (adj.) Gloomy, dark, obscure.My Composition (0:30 MP3)
I pictured this word as "cloudy with spider webs", and though I tried to make it stand apart, it does share a few qualities from the Tenebrae theme of the old computer game, Ultima 8. This one's not written for a particular instrumentation -- I just used whichever patches happened to sound good at the time.NH Restaurant sets meatball record
Police win with Marco Polo
The two are now friends.
Previous Post: Weekend Wrap-up
Next Post: Memory Day: Hawaii Honeymoon Part II
You are currently viewing a single post from the annals of URI! Zone history. The entire URI! Zone is © 1996 - 2014 by Brian Uri!. Please see the About page for further information.